Passport Photo Requirements
Did you know over 200k passport applications are denied annually due to non-compliant passport photos?
Our Application will guide you through all the requirements so every passport photo will be 100% passport and visa photo compliant.
U.S. Department of State Passport Photo Requirements
- A recent color photo taken within the last six months
- Printed in color, on photo quality paper.
- 2”x2” in size (51mm x 51mm)
- Head size must be between 1 inch and 1 ⅜ inches.
- No smiles. You must have a neutral facial expression. Directly face the camera. No shadows on your face.
- Normal clothing. No uniforms, except for religious clothing worn daily.
- Background must be white or off-white in color.
- You cannot wear a hat or head covering. Nothing can cover your hair or hairline unless you normally wear it daily for religious purposes.
- No headphones, sunglasses, or similar items can be worn unless it is a hearing aid or medical device worn daily. Medical certification may be required as proof.
- Prescription glasses are no longer acceptable.
Don’t let a rejected passport photo delay your trip. The Passport Photo Creator will help make sure your photo meets the strict compliance requirements set by the U.S. Department of State Passport Agency. Download for free today. Take as many photos until you are satisfied with your compliant passport photo. You only pay for your photo when you pick it up at your local Walgreens.
Passport Processing Times
Routine passport processing is currently 6-8 weeks. Visit your local post office or county clerk. You can find more information on how to apply for a passport by visiting PassportInfo.com. If you need your passport fast, you may qualify for rush passport services. Expediting services are available and range from 2 weeks to as fast as 24 hours.